Well, I'm fortunate enough to be in San Francisco for this years JavaOne confrence. I'm going to try and update my blog throughout the day on some of the highlights. Last night I went to the G2One meetup and listend to Guillaume Laforge give the state of the union on the Groovy and Grails community. There is a lot of excitement around booth of these communities and rightfully so. They are really cranking and getting a solid community behind them. Some interesting takeways from last night:
- Groovy is going to be making several releases of the coming months, hoping to get to 2.0 by the end of the year.
- Groovy has really been focusing on their performance and plans to improve it even more.
- Grails has some really nice new features coming down the pipe for 1.1
- Look for support for Groovy/Grails in NetBeans 6.5
- LinkedIn is using Grails to build one of their new services and been really happy with it and it's integration with their legacy systems.
- Contegix has selected Grails as their platform of choice and talked about why.