Saturday, August 18, 2007

Google Rocks

I'm all the time checking out Google Labs to see what cool thing they have come up with next. I'm a big fan of Google and some of the tools they have put out. I thought I would share some of the ones that I consider must haves, I use these on a daily basis.

- Google Reader: Fabulous tool for managing all of your favorite RSS Feeds. Manages the feeds through a very simple and easily to read web interface. Doesn't matter if you are at work or home all you have to do is log in and you can view it, unlike desktop applications like RSS Owl. Also allows you to star your favorite reads or share with others, providing a unique RSS Feed URL for others to view your shared items.

- Google Desktop: Google has mastered the art of indexing and searching, Google Desktop does this for your desktop. This tool will index your entire hard drive and emails so that you can quickly search for items you know you have, but can't seem to find.

- Blogger: I got into blogging several months ago and settled on Blogger mainly because it was a Google product and I can utilize my same Google login. I've been really happy with the ease of managing my blog, if you are thinking about blogging I would highly recommend Blogger.

- iGoogle: Customize your experience with Google. iGoogle allows you to customize your Google Home page to add things that you are interested in.

So those are the items that I use every day, here are some items that I have been playing around with that are pretty cool.

- Google Pages: Are you wanting to create a personal web page, but you don't know how to write HTML, don't want to pay for hosting or a domain name, or don't know how to use FTP? Google Pages could be for you. With your Google account you create a custom made web page and publish that page to your unique Google pages URL. You don't have to understand HTML, FTP, and you don't have to pay for a domain name or hosting services.

- Google 411: Are you tired of paying fees to use 411 and then paying extra to connect? Check out Google's 411 service, 1.800.GOOG.411. I've used it and it works great, and best of all it's Free.

So to sum it all up, Google Rocks. My wife calls me a geek every time I mention a new cool Google tool I find, but I can't help it, I guess I'm an addict. Anyways, you can find all of these tools on Google Labs. Last thing, Google is more than a search engine; make sure you are utilizing all of the tools they have available, they are Free.

No comments: